Towards Submission (Part II)

Huge (but quick) update!

So if you read my previous blog post, you know that I originally was planning on working at a garden. Then, the site supervisor asked me interview with a tutoring center and, after contemplation, I agreed to switch my placement.

Well, it happened again! I interviewed with an organization called Eden House for my placement.

Eden House is an organization that works against human trafficking. They do this through both housing and serving survivors as well as education and policy advocacy.

I am excited about the important work that this organization is doing and I'm also excited about the relationships that I will have with the staff and residents there.

However, I recognize that this work will be difficult. I'm a very empathetic person and secondary trauma is a real possible condition. With this placement, over the next year, I will need to be especially proactive about taking care of my mental health. Your prayers and support in that are much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Towards Community

Towards Anti-Racism

Towards Interconnected Joy and Sorrow